isn't this what you were looking for?

II

yesterday we cooked burgers and hot dogs
drank belgian beer
spoke of a need for better things

because saying it that way feels more apt.

when you walked me to the street that morning
I told you our couch was longer and more supportive to sleep on
like a pep talk
or a space mattress.

and when you looked at me it was like it was even okay to say this
and the walk home was the best walk ever
and I looked at everything
and planned a complete takeover that was swift and painless
in the span of forty five minutes
and five gallons of sweat.

when I got home it became home and I built a bed
and thought about what it was like when we built our own houses
and structure
and about revolutions
and all the things that happen when our eyes are closed.

No comments:

Blog Archive

*

My photo
brooklyn, ny, United States

SPOOKYSPOOKYSPOOK