isn't this what you were looking for?

strategically placed umbrellas, three

this morning I peed for a remarkable length of time
and later gave myself a haircut.

tomorrow I am going to build myself a house
and outline the floor plan in masking tape.
I am going to place the furniture where it belongs
and windows where we want to let the light in a bit.
we’ve been over the lights enough already,
and I’m thinking about strategically placing umbrellas
like the people at 17th and JFK
who use them to get a goodnights sleep
and bring the steam down to keep them warm.

this is really all I have to offer you right now:
a new haircut
a functioning bladder
a floor plan
and a series of strategically placed umbrellas
to keep us warm at night.

No comments:

Blog Archive

*

My photo
brooklyn, ny, United States

SPOOKYSPOOKYSPOOK