isn't this what you were looking for?

ottawa, canada

from here, all the skyline
looked like a bunch of uncomfortable steps
that didn’t really go anywhere.

I looked at my phone like it might light up.

like “won’t somebody out there
listen to my last prayer”
like this was the sort of thing
that had both a beginning and an end.

and won’t somebody out there
listen to my last prayer
high ho silver o
deliver me from nowhere

I looked at my phone like it might light up.

I had a habit of just throwing clothes on my bed
and leaving them on it for days.

I thought about getting up just then
folding the clothes
and putting them away
and making that a new policy
like raising the minimum wage
or lowering the voting age to the draft age
or the proper way to spell the way cold smells.

No comments:

Blog Archive

*

My photo
brooklyn, ny, United States

SPOOKYSPOOKYSPOOK