isn't this what you were looking for?

NOVELLA

All the blurbs are in. I have been shitting golden bricks of smiles for days on end. Deb Olin Unferth's came in as I woke up. VACATION is sort of the reason i was able to write this book in the first place. The fact that when reading it you can tell the entire thing was written one sentence at a time was incredibly important to me in terms of being able to see how a thing could be done. Could be tackled. I am someone who has a hard time writing any way other than one sentence at a time and rarely can I even think about how to put them together other than as a continuation or a response to the previous one. Apparently I am writing with capital letters like a grown ass man or something. Anyway. What I am saying is that Deb's book made me feel, in a sort of real intimidating way, that I could write this thing. This novella. Which is probably not very long. But it was a motherfucker for me to write it.

ANYWAY. so maybe some of you out there are thinking I WOULD LIKE TO MAYBE BUY THIS BOOK BUT I WANT TO KNOW WHAT I AM GETTING because a lot of the time presses I like put out books that look neat but I don't know the author all that well and also they don't tell you what pieces are in or from the book so that maybe you like a bunch of their poems and none of those poems are in this book you bought and maybe you don't like any of them much, or they make sense later but not now, but you have got a limited budget and lord knows you don't need to go tossing them dollars around all willy nilly and higgeldy piggeldy.


WELL LADIES AND GENTLEMEN SASHA FLETCHER IS HERE TO HELP
PRESENTING UNTO YOU THE FIRST THREE PIECES THAT WERE WRITTEN BY SAID AUTHOR AND BECAME MORE OR LESS THE OPENING PART OF THE NOVELLA IN QUESTION SO THAT YOU THE DISCERNING BOOK BUYER CAN BE MORE DISCERNING!
COLON:

we are going to get paid and then we will dress for the weather [yes that's an ODB reference]

i laughed so hard i fell down [yes that's a department of eagles reference]

burning the air between here and there [yes that's a deadwood reference]

Bam.

Soon I will post thoughts and things about the book. Probably at the end of the week I will tell the drawn out story about how it got written and published.

I have got edits to make.

It's a goddam nice day in Brooklyn today.

No comments:

Blog Archive

*

My photo
brooklyn, ny, United States

SPOOKYSPOOKYSPOOK